Monday, July 18, 2011

We'll do silly things, and never let the winter in. (And it will be allright.)



This is one of the most beautiful songs in the entire world. Please listen to it. Or don't. But you really should.




Saturday night, Ronnie and I took a cab out to Williamsburg to have dinner with the lovely and talented blogger Sandra and her friends. It was my first time ever in Brooklyn, and I fell in love instantly, just like I knew I would!



It was way too dark for outfit photos, but hey, I gave it a shot. Had to try my best to capture Sandra's beautiful look, even if I couldn't do it justice.

If you don't already read this girl's amazing blog, it's never too late to start! I've been reading it for so many years, even before I found out that our mom's are really close friends (what are the odds?), and it's without a doubt one of my favorite blogs ever. Sandra is a wonderful writer, her style is as sweet as her personality and as interesting and inspiring as her life.


She took us to Walter Foods on Grand Street, where we were all sitting outside in this amazing back yard. It was actually quite the strange place - the food was okay, the drinks wonderful, the surroudings incredibly beautiful (though we shared the back yard with a fat rat)... and the service, to be honest, was terrible. We waited two hours for our main courses and they didn't even apologize for the delay. But I was so excited to be in Brooklyn with wonderful people, I could have waited twice as long!


The socks-and-peep-toe combo - Sandra sure is my kind of girl!


After dinner we all walked to a club nearby.


The club, that was called "The Woods", was extremely crowded - but the venue was great and the drinks were cheap, they played my kind of music and we met up with both old and new friends. More nights like this one, yes please!

The only bad thing was that I managed to come home without my lens cap, so now I can't really bring my camera anywhere... Though I must say I'm just grateful I at least still have my camera. I ordered a new cap from amazon.com today with express delivery and hopefully it will show up soon.

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend - and that this new week will be even better than the last!

11 comments:

  1. Annika!

    Har följt dig sen du började blogga och jag älskar dina inlägg, dina fotografier och ditt sätt att skriva. Jag blir glad och inspirerad!

    Din "nya" blogg här är så spännande och jag vill tacka dig för att du delar med dig av dina tankar och ditt liv.
    Enjoy NY!!!

    Kärlek i mängd ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, beautiful song..wow

    And I absolutely love your photos, my big dream is to visit NY someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a marvelous night... Now I wish I was in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great evening. That sock + peep toe combination also looks really great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. who took that photo of you two walking down the street? it's the one before you show those amazing shoes with the socks. i adore it!

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teddi, I took it, since I'm not in it. We were a whole bunch of people - the two in the photos are Sandra and Sanna. Don't know why they were walking so far ahead, probably had secrets to discuss. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That photo of you in that sequined baler is amazing! :)

    http://60smodfox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the photos! It seems like you had a great night ;)
    Oh and the song is beautiful!
    By the way, did you watch Part II yet? Alan Rickman was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it looks like you really had a wonderful night! the food looks great and your blogger friend, too. i love her outfit.
    don't worry about the lost lens cap, i always lose my things when i'm out in the club. my purse last week in berlin. i was very sad...


    so much love, nastassja

    ReplyDelete
  10. I constantly check your lookbook and blog, just to see the lovely outfits you post. I could write so much to tell you how you inspire me . thank you for these wonderful looks, you have an amazing style.

    ReplyDelete