Sunday, July 3, 2011

A handy woman in a bathing suit.





 Black bathing suit, Åhléns. Cropped black jacket, H&M. Blue denim cut-offs, Acne. Grey over knee socks, Asos.com. Black army boots, Vagabond.

In case you're wondering why the quality of these photos are so low, all I can say is: you should see the originals! I'm amazed that I got any photos at all - me and Ronnie got back from dinner at midnight, and it was almost completely dark outside when I took these. When I saw them through the camera display, I thought "allright, so, no photos today then". But I still gave it a shot in Photoshop, increasing the brightness with a couple of 1000 percents (seriously, something like that) and... well, this is what I got. It's a crappy outfit post, but still, it's an outfit post! A little indulgence, please, lovelies? Pleeease? :)

Not much to say about the clothes. Except maybe that this was the first time I decided to wear a bathing suit as a top. I wanted to wear it since it hast this great low backline - but I didn't get a photo of it, so you'll have to take my word for it, haha.

Oh, I'm in my new office! Yesterday was spent at Ikea and now here I am, screwdriver in hand, putting together the most important pieces of furniture for my first workday tomorrow. So excited! So far I have a desk, a chair, a lamp and a side table. And a carpet, but I didn't need the screwdriver for that. ;)

What I don't have here is an internet connection. I'm thinking I might not install one either - my plan is to finally give my first novel a real shot, and in my experience it's not the best idea to be able to go online when you write fiction. It's just way too easy to lose focus. Right now I've connected my MacBook to my iPhone, and maybe I'll just do that in the future, too. Considering how slow the connection is, there's no risk of me surfing the net for enjoyment (who can stand waiting two minutes for a page to load?!).

I feel like such a handy (wo)man with all my tools. Actually, I'm quite the pro when it comes to putting Ikea furniture together. (And very humble about it, too, huh?) When we moved into the house, we bought everything from Ikea (very original, I know), and because Ronnie was making a movie in another city at the time, I fixed all of the furniture myself. It took me a couple of weeks, but I did it! Beds, bookshelves, drawers, tables, chairs, closets, desks, todo. Umm... speaking of my excellence, I just realized the legs of my desk are uneven. Eh. Better redo it before I get punsihed by the higher powers for my lack of humility!



21 comments:

  1. still think these photos are okay! mine normally all are like these cause my camera stinks! ^^ Hope you are having fun installing everything in your new workplace! i know I love to do that :) good luck with your writing! ^^ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmh AND the (effortlessly exquisite) way you wear this bathing suit (absolutely) does not fail to illustrate a certain "all-land beachy Glam" idea Here I must say Dear !!!

    à Bientôt, Antoine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your writing, and honestly these photos really aren't that crap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's just not fair how beautiful you are! i love the photos of your face! you have got the most beautiful smile in the world annika! the outfit is wonderful too! like it easy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This photos was not that bad, most of mine look like this all the time. But I just got a crappy digital camera to use, so that would explain it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun look! Beautiful as always!!

    http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Annika,

    I wish you good luck with your novel, promise me that after you publish it, you will give me a notice !! I wil be your first Romanian reader, hehe :D

    Love,

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) I'm loving the overknee- sock and shorts combination for some reason! Starting a novel sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think the quality is that bad, you still look amazing beautiful! The over the knee socks in this outfit are too wonderful for words, they complete the outfit for me! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are beautiful. love knee-high socks and shorts, one of my favourite trends. the images are way better than any i could take, but then again my camera is terrible so i still resort to using my blackberry camera which is ironically better than my actual digital camera.

    much love- neonrosefashion.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. i mentioned you in my last post at my blog! read it if you want to, annika! <3

    LOVE, nastassja

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous outfit! I love your knee-high socks, your top and your shorts! xxx

    eloisedephotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute pictures, I love your boots!

    x

    http://yonder-wonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Annika you make me laugh so much! Amazed at how well you did with the photos - it's really convincing and does look like you took them in the daytime. The second and third shots of you are beautiful - you look so, so happy. Great to hear about your new office - and wow, you're writing a book! Agreed, a decent internet connection doesn't sound like the best idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, beautiful blog:) I think you're very similiar to polish actress Anna Dereszowska, it's a compliment ofc:) I'm following! Greetings :)))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with the writing in your new office! And as always, loving your outfit! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous doll! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. love how you styled everything together!
    NOW following! :)

    check out my blog

    the-scarlett-fever.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just read an interview about you on a blog, so I thought I go and visit her blog. I love you style! you looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the look!
    following you, hop you cn see my blog too.:)

    http://abinavarrete.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. The pictures look beautiful! I thought it was taken at sunset! Photoshop is such a handy tool.
    At least you can fix things! I'm horrible at fixing things with tools. The most I can do are electronics, haha :)

    ReplyDelete