Monday, July 4, 2011

Fall Favorite: Who Needs Pants Anyway?


Striped knitted sweater with beaded shoulders and brown leather bag, H&M. Black velvet tights, Forever 21. Black army boots, Nilson. Black round scarf, Bik Bok. Glasses, vintage.

I spent all day yesterday in my new office, hanging out with my screwdriver, wearing sweats and a dirty t-shirt. Therefor, no outfit photos. (I know, I should have brought my camera, remote and tripod and done a shoot of my handy woman skills - sorry about that! Next time, I promise.) :)

Instead, I thought we could take a look at one of my favorite outfits from last year! I think they call that recycling, and I hear it's super awesome for the environment. True story.

As you can see, this is before I made the huge mistake of cutting my bangs I'd spent a year growing out... Sigh. And the red lipstick is obviously not something I recently decided I like! Honestly, I've worn it everytime I wanted to look dolled up for the past ten years, if not more. If it didn't sound so horribly corny, I'd say it's my signature look or something. Ew.

This outfit, from the beginning of September, pretty much sums up my style of last autumn. I thought wearing pants was overrated, and would much rather walk around in a pair of tights and a sweater. I bought tons of round knitted scarves and wore them everywhere, even inside the house, and I had four pairs of almost identical army boots that I would take turns wearing.

I'd just gotten the brown leather H&M bag, and of course I bought one for myself and one for my best friend, Fanny. We did that all the time; it just didn't feel right to find something pretty and not by two of them. She never got to leave the hospital room she was in when I gave it to her, but I know she loved it. I hope one of her beautiful sisters is wearing it now.

There you go, a trip down memory lane!



12 comments:

  1. wow so beautiful. and weather here in my city is also fall-like.. Greetings from Poland!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I was so desperate waiting my bangs to grow and end up cutting it I love your hair with or withour bangs :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want that bag!!! i swear i never see it in HK!!! maybe i was blind :( u look super cute & adorable in this set of photos!! :D

    mochaccinoland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. AND you are the only girl who can pull off thick horizontal stripes!
    xx
    Izzy
    www.misadventuresofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh
    you have beautiful pictures here!
    loved this last look! The boots are cool!

    I´ll follow you!
    follow each other?
    :)
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when you smile!
    Angi :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that sweater look from winter is soooo cool!!! <333

    love you, Annika, simply LOVE you!

    Oh, and your new studio is GORGEOUS! <3

    http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember this look and I loved that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the look! and the no-pants-idea! it looks so comfortly and stylish in one way :)i really can say that you're the person inspiring me in wearing lipstick more often than before! and i absolutely love it! it makes everylook so much better! thx for that

    xxx nastassja

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous outfit, as always! Makes me long for fall. Yeah, I'm crazy, I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I remember that look! It's one of my favorites of yours :)

    ReplyDelete