Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sunset and squirrels in Central Park.


Yesterday, we spent the afternoon in Central Park. Ronnie was going through his short film script for the 1001th time, still looking for - and finding - ways to improve every little detail. I tried to read, but was constantly distracted by the many squirrels. I'd read a few sentences, then shriek "but they're so cuuuuuuuuuuute!", read a few more, then yell "look look look, if you squint really hard they look a little bit like tiny versions of our cats!".


Those ears... aren't they simply adorable? They are.


I had no idea the Central Park squirrels were so friendly - back home, I see squirrels all the time, but as soon as they notice me they'll flee. As you can see, my new buddies (slash unpaid models) were a lot more like "heheheeey lady! Make sure you get me from my best angles, yes?"


BUSTED! I don't know with what, but it sure seems like this one's up to no good.


Ronnie doing his "using my hand to casually hide the fact that my electric razor stopped working and I have yet to get a new one"-pose.


My plan was to force Ronnie to help me take a couple of outfit photos in this amazing light, right before sunset - but when I got bored with the squirrel photography and could finally concentrate on my book, well, I didn't stop reading until it was almost too dark to make out the letters. And of course that meant that all the gorgeous light was gone.

We still got a few (dark) shots of my very simple hanging-out-in-the-park-outfit, I'll show you soon - just need to run out and get some late breakfast first. I'm starving!

9 comments:

  1. so cute! we had a picnic in Riverside Park the other day and saw some adorable squirrels also! and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool pictures, cool blog, you have a new follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool photos! makes me want to go hang out in central park for an afternoon! I live in Texas and all of our squirrels are unfriendly and fat :/ cool blog! thanks for posting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I love these photographs, I am also one for just shouting 'LOOK IT'S SO CUTE' at my boyfriend just out of nowhere :) love your blog x

    lauramarycoyne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely photos, every single one. that lack of razor caption, cracks me up!

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I remember the squirrels! Annika, you're making me miss New York so badly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't have squirrels in Australia but when I was in England I used to watch them and think that they were so cute!

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete