Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I have a bag that's new and blue. I also have the flu.

Yep, I have the flu. (And apparently it makes me want to rhyme. But I'm done with that now.) I spent the last two days in bed, and more will follow.

Ronnie goes to school from early morning until really late at night this week - the timing is less than perfect - and I'm already getting restless. Especially since I haven't been able to go online today. Some neighbour has an open wifi that comes and goes, and usually I go to a Starbucks nearby when the wifi in the apartment is gone for a day or two, but today I didn't even manage to get out of bed. And I couldn't stand the thought of more news from Norway, or any other terrible disasters, happening while I'm laying here, clueless. I know that's not a logical thought - whatever happens in the world, it's not like I can do something about it just by knowing it did, but... I hate that. I hate not being able to change anything, I hate feeling this helpless. And I feel like the least I can do is be aware.

Now, at 7:30 pm, the wifi suddenly returned. That's always something.

As you can see, I can't really force my brain to put together sentences right now, it's much too feverish and dizzy for that. One thing I can do is post some photos. Taken a couple of days ago by my friend Oscar, after a trip to Forever 21 - which I bet you could tell by the outfit (at least when you see where all the stuff is from!).

Flower print top, burnt orange corduroy shorts and blue bag, Forever 21. Black leather belt, Gina Tricot. Flower print sunglasses, Urban Outfitters. Black leather litas, Jeffrey Campbell/Solestruck.com.

Haha. Just realized the first and last photos are almost 100% identical. Guess that's what happens when you choose the photos while on NyQuil.

OK. Time to go back to my half-sleep, half-awake Gossip Girl marathon. Take care, lovely people. I was just about to write "I miss you", but, well, that doesn't make any sense.





Oh, right - if you want to read about that time I went running wearing nothing but a pair of trainers, you should check out Aya's interview with yours truly, here!

26 comments:

  1. get better! :( the color of your shorts are adorable...but my favorite part of this look is the braid in your hair! i am wishing i had long hair again just to be able to braid it...

    xx elanor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get better.
    I like how you combined colors in your outfit. And the bag is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are you, girl?! Loving those cord shorts, so retro chic. And the blue satchel is total eye candy. I hope you get to feeling better, sweetheart!

    ♥, Jamie
    www.TheFancyTeacup.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the look, feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear that you have the flu. But you look great in those shorts. I agree that all the colors in your outfit are really lovely together.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great!
    xoxo

    respectmystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bag! I hope you will feel better in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have THE perfect body. And face. So jelous! ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feel better soon! And lovely outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i hope you get well, soon, sweetheart! you deserve spending your time in new york outsite and not inside :)
    i love the outfit and i'm jealous about the fact that i don't have the possibility to shop at forever21! i like the knot in your shirt, i do it the same way very often.
    maybe you feel better, when you know that i have a small summer depression, too.
    but this too shall pass! i which you the best, annika!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you'll get well soon! All I can say is, you still look so gorgeous. I'm totally in love with this look, you have such a great style! Everything looks so perfect together, you're amazing.

    xx
    en la moda

    kristellouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it this is very cute!! I just sooo love this utfit and your blog!
    xoxo asiahlynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hej Annika! Tusen, tusen tack för dina fina ord på min blogg och lookbook! Brukar läsa dina grymma krönikor och förälskar mig alltid i dina fina bilder på lookbook, haha.

    Ha en fin dag, och krya på dig!
    Ebba

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the tied top and the pop of color the bag brings to the outfit!:] hope you feel better!

    http://allthebuzzblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. First of all: Get well soon! :-) and I wish I could write so well when I'm feverish!hehe.
    I love how you wear your top with a cute side knot.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you feel better soon! The pictures are beautiful!

    It is si difficult to wrap our brains around tragedies like this. I think awareness is the first step toward making a difference though! Bless you!
    Love
    Cheryl
    http://justfabblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry to hear you're sick! Really. I hope you're better. Summer flu is the worst. But it isn't really that nice to repeatedly ask someone to meet them and not get back to them in a timely manner. First time it took you, what seven weeks? Now I still haven't heard back from your email Friday. It hurt my feelings and made me feel stupid for opening up to you. I'm glad you mostly had a good time in NY. But I think...well I'm older than you, so forgive the older sister tone...but it could have been handled more politely. I didn't ask you, you asked me! I still like your blog,and I don't mean to scold but...I have a life! Even though I look at blogs, really I do;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi my lovely Annika!! How you are you doing, are you feeling much better?
    You always look fantastic <3 When are you coming back? I miss you .... lol .It make sense!! Because if you are on this side of the world I feel that you are closer :)

    amintasfashion

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look awesome, top, shorts, bag, boots - perfect!

    Get better soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would fall helplessly in love with you if I met you on the street :) So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your blog, your photography are amazing !

    ReplyDelete