Thursday, July 14, 2011

Let's go outside!


I have been so ridiculously stressed out these last few days - no, weeks, actually - that it's been a constant struggle not to skip meals. When I'm home by myself and I have so much to do and way too little time to do it, I often feel like cooking and eating is such a waste of precious minutes that could be used for something better.

But thoughts like those belong in the past, and so I'm proud to say that I've made sure to be good to my body, providing it with the energy it needs to handle all the stress in the best way possible. (Because not eating never, ever helps with anything. Except maybe starving to death. And we don't want that.)

Yesterday morning, since it was my last breakfast at home for three weeks, I even skipped my usual twenty minutes of Gossip Girl to eat outside in my garden. I'm so glad I did! It's not like it takes longer to eat out in the sun, and it's a much better way to start the day than a couple of rushed sandwiches in front of the tv.

(My breakfast consisted of a bowl of yoghurt with almonds, raisins and lots and lots of different seeds, freshly squeezed orange juice, green vanilla tea and pink grapefruit.)

Yep, I'm writing this at the airport, but when you're reading it I'm on the plane! Keep your fingers crossed that I'm still alive and well, will you?

8 comments:

  1. Your food always looks like a piece of art! Defnitely something you'd want to put in your body. I hear that bowl filled with the muesli-mix-thingy calling my name...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Swedes make breakfast look good. Actually you guys make everything look good. Damn, I wish I was Swedish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, sometimes I wish I could be Swedish too! I mean I would do anything for being tall, and all Swedish people are tall! But, thanks to my greek genes (grrr...:/), I'm shorter than short (and I exaggerate a lot :D).
    Hey girl, stop worrying about the plane! I'm sure you're safe! And you lucky thing, you'll walk where Blair and Serena walk <3 ahhah! But of course I'm not jealous (says who?) :P And just for the record I DID cross my fingers for you and I stared to the sky thinking that you're flying now (not litterally). Bravo to me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it looks so delicious! Even though it's dinner time now I could have that breakfast right now :D

    xx Laura
    http://schanzenschwestern.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutly love your blog!! :)
    I stumbled across and I'm in love!! :)

    Love,
    Alexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. these pictures are gorgeous! makes me wanna eat outside EVERY day now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely breakfast. I wish I was more healthy myself. :P

    @Demypagoudi. Not all swedish girls are tall. I am swedish and I am 160 centimeters long, which is close to being a dwarf. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are gorgeous! Your breakfast looks delicious!

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete