Friday, June 10, 2011

Go Spartans!








"University of Tampa/Spartans"-t-shirt (my brother goes to that school). Light blue denim shorts, Vila. Black/pink Converse Allstars.

Yesterday I had so much work to do, which means that I did absolutely nothing except for hanging out in my house, writing. And as you can see - that reflected in my outfit. It's not a lot of fun, but well, that's what I wore. I could have put on a sparkly dress just for you guys, but I have a feeling that in the long run, it's better to stay true to the facts.

We've had the most gorgeous weather for weeks now - and since we're not used to the heat and our houses are built to keep warm during the long, ridiculously cold winters, it's like a sauna in here! 

But hey, no, I'm not complaining. Just telling it like it is. 

Today I have to write a column and I'm still not sure what it should be about. I do have a couple of ideas, though - all of which came to mind during the week, while writing this blog! I was hoping that blogging wouldn't only be time consuming, but that it would also help me out with new inspiration for my work. And it truly has. 

Ooops, I just realized I haven't put on any clothes today - it's 2 pm and I'm still sitting here in my bikini. That's not going to make a very good outfit post, now is it? Hopefully the air will cool off later in the day and I'll have a reason to at least put on a pair of shorts, haha!




PS. On Wednesday (the 15th), it's the 1 month anniversary of According to Annika, and at this very moment I'm putting together my very first give-away to celebrate! I'll be giving away something I very much wish I could keep for myself, and I guess that's a good sign... All in all, be sure to check in on Wednesday! DS.

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, blogaversary! Congrats!
    I love the top :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, blogaversary! That's the cutest word! But hold your horses darling, it's not until Wednesday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, it seems like if I turn my back for a few moments, by the time I visit your blog again I'll be running to keep up with looking through all the posts you've managed to do! I'm so envious of the idea of sitting around in a bikini. It's certainly not swimwear season over here. I particularly enjoyed reading about you meeting your literary/ author hero in another post. That's exactly how I felt seeing and meeting some of my writer-heros at Hay Festival of Literature - which I've just written about in my most recent post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oohhh, exciting! :] I'm sure I'll visit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Happy (almost) birthday, blog! :) Personally, I kind of like those days that are too busy/cold/hot/whatever to get a "real" outfit together. A lot of the time the simplicity look really great. As it does here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the relaxed look. On the rare warm days here, I see a lot of older teenagers wearing bikinis with a chambray shirt worn loose over the top. Probably because warm here is not really that warm? My friend splits her holidays between Sweden and Denmark, and I swear she only packs shorts and swimsuits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Without a doubt, the most inspiring blog so far! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's it! I'm totally going to draw you ;) Woops I'm leaving a comment on the wrong post...but that's okay. It's the least I can do to thank you for helping to inspire me (and to helping me have the guts) to put up a blog of my own at last!

    But I have to warn you...drawing takes me forever (which is why I'm not going to try to become a professional illustrator any time soon although I fantasize that's the perfect life...drinking my coffee, sitting at my draft table with a cat or two lounging about, some sunlight streaming through the window, a beautiful day outside...Actually my fantasy of me is quite similar to your life! But for now me and my boyfriend are stuck in the city, so I'm trying to make the best of it. I do love New York, but...I think that's why I love your page so much. Yep, you're leading my fantasy life!

    Anyway thanks again for inspiring me with your sweetness and style! Please check out my blog if you have a chance!

    Isabella

    http://www.misadventuresofme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is without a doubt your most sexy outfit- if I may say so. When there's less 'distraction' from clothes (and I'm not saying that 'fashion equals distraction', but you get me), the person underneath the clothes really shines through. Simplicity means purity. I like it! :)
    (Though, by all means, keep the fashion up! You're good at it.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like the kinda "school girl" outfit! it's so cute! back to the roots! (i will always always love chucks, i don't care, if it's an old hat)

    and i'm SO jeallous because of yout sunshiny weather in sweden!! i live in kiel, that's at the boltic sea in the north of germany. and our weather is like shit. rain all the time, sometimes the sun comes out but then it's pretty windy so no time for me to enjoy the summer!

    pray for me that i will get a summer like yours! enjoy it lucky-you!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete