Friday, June 17, 2011

The 12 year old boy from the 1940's, also known as "The Cat Rescuer".

Dark blue tank top, Indiska. Denim shorts, H&M. Black leather belt, Gina Tricot. Socks, Lindex. Flower print sneakers, Din Sko. Brown corduroy newsboy cap, borrowed from the boyfriend.

From now on, this outfit will be called "the cat rescuer". That's got a nice ring to it, don't you think? Sure, it's not the fanciest outfit, but you have to be comfortable if you're going to be standing on a ladder looking up at the sun/your pretty cat caught in a tree all day long (or for three hours).

I'm writing this at 3:45 on Friday morning, there's a magnificent pink sunrise outside my window and I should have been in bed hours ago. Usually I don't schedule posts, but I figure it's best to do it now, since I will be freakishly busy tomorrow. I have a column and two articles to write, plus about a million work e-mail to take care of. And on top of everything else I have a reporter coming here to interview me for a Swedish magazine, which means I should probably get up early to try and make my house presentable! Shit. I hadn't really thought of that. Too bad it's already early and I'm still awake.

(Who knows - I might end up having plenty of time to blog anyway, but I'm pre-uploading this post just in case.)

I just don't get myself sometimes. Didn't I just tell you how much work I have to do? Didn't I? I think I did. Well, could you then please explain to me why, earlier today, I decided it was a good idea to start watching the first season of Gossip Girl? For the third time? No wonder I'm busy when I've spent four hours watching Serena and Blair catfight while looking exquisite in dresses that cost more than I make in a month. Oh, right. I won't make any money at all if I don't get my work done in time. I probably should throw my GG dvd boxes in the lake or something.

Maybe a few words about this outfit: I wanted to look like a mixture between a 12 year old boy from the 1940's and... well, myself. And I do think I sort of nailed it! OK, just kidding. That's not what I was going for, that's just what I kept thinking when I went through the photos. I didn't want to look any particular way what so ever, I just wanted to wear something (as opposed to being naked) in case a neighbour or one of the carpenters would stop by unannounced. And I definitely nailed that. I wasn't naked at all. Mission accomplished!

Now, time for bed. You guys are awesome, I hope you know that. Your comments make every day a hundred times better!


18 comments:

  1. don't know how you make it, that fashion on you looks so easy all the time. you wear the most prettiest outfits and it always looks like you stand in front of your wardrobe and you're like "uhm yes that could fit good together" and then you wear it with such a self-evidence .. that everyone just have to feel inspired when he looks at your pictures!

    pls tell me that it's not all the time like i wrote it down? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, great outfit for rescuing cats! And I'm just like you, I wonder where my time goes, but I spend tons of it blogging and I love gossip girl!

    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful outfit, your sneakers are so original and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing! I love the top :)
    Your watching Gossip Girl? May I warn you that when you hit the 3rd season, it gets reaally boring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nastassja, first of all, thank you so much for all of your sweet comments! I really appreciate each and every one so much. But I'm afraid that it is kind of like you describe it when I get dressed, haha! I don't think fashion should be difficult, it's all about following that gut feeling and just wear whatever seems right that particular day. But sometimes it does take me a while to get to that point, I wrote about that here!

    Mimi, haha, I guess we only have ourselves to blame that all of our time flies by! ;)

    Pralinka, thank you so much, you're always so lovely to me. <3 I love these sneakers, flower prints never get old!

    Dana, thank you so much, dear! But I don't agree with you at all, I've watched every episode of all four seasons a couple of times and I still love that show... can't help it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a pretty outfit, but not in a 'pretty' lace-and-pastel way. It really looks good on you though, and it looks practical too.
    And I love Gossip Girl. Mainly for the clothes, and Blair is far superior to Serena, in personality and style, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look amazing ;-))

    x
    bloo.
    http://bloo90fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes i read that blog entry and it really gave me courage to wear what i want to. there are too many mornings when i look into the mirror and i'm like "no, i can't wear this" and then i change my clothes because i'm inhibited because of other people, and what they could say about me. i hope it will change completly one day, but i know that your blog helps me a lot in that case, thx for that annika :)
    xxxxx love

    and sorry my english isn't so well actually i'm from germany and 19 years old!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute outfit! i love those sneakers!

    thanks for commenting/visiting my blog!

    www.christinebalram.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so lovely Annika! I love those shoes, they are gorgeous! Well done for rescuing the cat!
    Isn't it funny how we react to stressful deadlines by doing the oppposite from what we should be doing! I've got reports due next week and I've got 2 manic weekends and somehow I ended up faffing for every evening this week when I should have been finishing them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous outfit. Love your socks with those shoes- so cute!
    www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh such a good thing you made a scheduled post! I'm so used to have my daily Annika's outfit dose that everytime I come to your blog around 3 or 4 pm & don't see any outfit post I'm just like "what? no outfit post today? good lord, what did happened? is she getting married today and I missed the news, or is there a power cut in the whole city she lives in?"..

    Anyway, it's such a great outfit, I can almost picture you on a bike distributing the newspaper at 5 am!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your style never fails to impress me!! I love everything you wear!! Your shoes are AMAZING! I just love your blog so much!

    Xenia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always seem to have amazing sunlight in your photos! Love the cap - it makes the outfit.

    Have a great weekend, Alexandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Annika, for visit my blog and left a sweet comment there:)

    And I am so glad I found your blog too. you are so beautiful , and your blog is beautiful...I can't believe you took all the pictures by yourself!!! wowow...IT's so amazing!

    All of your pictures are stunning and gorgeous, you are so good in lighting using and I like the way you've edited your pictures...You are wonderful!! <3

    XX Hallie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your sneakers, they are so pretty :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. The sneakers are amazing!!! More please?

    ReplyDelete