Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I need you like Ben Affleck needs acting school.

There was no time to take photos before we left for Stockholm yesterday, and when we came home the light was long gone, so I don't have a photo of what I wore. Which is kind of good, actually - I loved the outfit and now I have an excuse to wear it again, soon!

Instead, today's post will be from when my sister was here last week. We took a bunch of photos and I simply forgot to post them. What can I say? Last week was strange. That's why I'm way behind with work now - it's hard to keep up with everything that needs to be done when you have friends and family visiting every single day. Good thing they're so lovely that it's all worth it.









Look! It's a horse dressed in litas!


Sheer shirts and hat, Monki. Dark blue satin shorts (me), Forever 21. Bright blue suede shorts (Amanda), Gina Tricot. Black pony hair + black leather litas, Jeffrey Campbell.

All of these clothes we're wearing are mine. I'll admit it, I was sort of using my gorgeous baby sister as a big Barbie doll when she was here. It's just so much fun to dress her up! But don't worry, we did a lot of things that had nothing to do with fashion, too. I'm not encouraging her to give up her dreams of becoming an artist, find a wealthy husband who can pay for her shopping and then just strut around looking pretty all day. Ha! Like it would matter even if I did encourage her to do such a silly thing. She's way too smart not to realize what a pathetic waste that would be.

My sister is back in Spain now, and my mom is flying back there on Thursday. My mom is coming back to Sweden again soon, but my sister got a summer job at the Dior store in Marbella and I won't see in her forever... And I haven't seen my sister in LA since April. I sometimes wish I wasn't so attached to my family, I miss them so much, all of the time. Actually, I miss them more than Michael Bay missed the mark when he made Pearl Harbor. (And that's an awful lot.)



16 comments:

  1. you have perfect style and you're my biggest inspiration <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the top Annika!
    Haha! I love the video! Well, I'm sure you'll see them again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing style!loved your shirt and shoes :) great pics annika!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i totally stole that video and shared it. fantastic sister pix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful pictures, I'm happy you shared them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous!!! awesome pics! <3

    sweetdifferences.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two look like you had so much fun together! Its nice to read about other people who love their family - even if they do live such a long way away.
    And I must admit - I use my sisters as barbie dolls too. I can't help it :)

    Jess
    turn that frown upside down

    ReplyDelete
  8. You two are the most charming pair of sisters I've ever seen!

    P.S. Love the shots of you two wearing your Litas. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like these Pictures so! And i like that you write every day! :)

    Ann.

    http://liiebling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the first picture, it's like you were siamese twins, one pair of shorts, two upper bodies :D
    and the horse thing :D hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  11. you seem to be having so much fun! the pics are great and you are both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - these photos are so beautiful they could be a Vogue editorial. This post is so lovely, you and your sister are clearly very close and you genuinely look like you're having fun together and enjoying each other's company. Simple, unfussy and very chic outfits - I have to say those boots look fantastic on both of you! Found you via Roz's blog and so glad I did - rad back through your most recent posts and really enjoyed them - following on bloglovin' + twitter!

    Alexandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Was this in team america? I sw that twice, but I don't remeber this part, it's frakin funny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my god I love your shoes, I wish I had one like that, but for now my financial situation will not let me:( hopefully on my birthday 17 I can buy some(fingers crossed),anyway both look beautiful in pictures and the outfits are divine, as always.
    Kisses from Mexico
    With Love: Zahory

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow this is awesome! (and i love the Team America video at the end, heheh) also much respect to you for the jeffery campbell lita boots :D i love them so much, can't wait to get myself a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sad, you destroyed my favorite movie ... i love peral harbor and even though I know it by heart now, each time it excites me so much that I cry until the end of the film ... I think it's a fantastic film and I do not understand why you say that Michael Bay missed the mark...:(

    ReplyDelete