Friday, June 24, 2011

I never promised you a rose garden.






Rose print dress, H&M (really old!). Oh, and the heels are also from H&M. Pink lipstick by Rival de Loop Berlin.

It's 2:15 AM when I'm writing this. Everyone is sleeping, except for me and Biianka (my kitty) - no, wait, looks like she's fallen asleep, too.

I was in such a rush earlier today when I snuck out to take these photos, right before we got in the car to pick up Ronnie's brother Richard's girlfriend Diana from the airport (she's from Colombia but lives in Madrid, and this is the first time we've met her - turns out she's such a brilliant girl!). The lighting was terrible, but at least we got quite a bit of sun. I love it when the forecasts are wrong about the constant raining. As you might have guessed, the weird editing is the result of the photos being of way worse quality than they normally are. I didn't have the time to find a better camera angle to make the best of the poor lighting, and also, instead of spending half an hour on the shoot, I took the photos in five minutes. Sorry, I'll stop making excuses... right now!

This dress has been my "Midsummer go-to dress" for years and years now. There's just something about it that I think captures the essence of this Swedish holiday: it's simple, approachable, romantic and it positively screams "it's suuuummertiiiime!". To me, Midsummer is about exactly that: it's not fancy or ceremonius, with expensive food and rules to follow; it's all about being around the people you love, having fun, enjoying eachother's company and the fact that summer is finally here.

I've had this dress for ten years and it's become sort of a tradition in it's own to wear it on Midsummer, but this year, I decided to change it up a bit and wear it the day before the holiday instead. Yeah, being all wild and crazy, right?! I have yet to pick out a dress for tomorrow, but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up in another flower print dress... I mean, come on, why change a winning concept.

Time to get some sleep - I need to be well rested and full of energy tomorrow!

(Oh, and when I say "tomorrow", I'm talking about Friday. I'm scheduling this post to be published at 2 pm, local time. Which means that when you read this, I've already stuffed my face with herring, early potatoes, salmon, strawberries and vanilla icecream and am probably dancing around a maypole at this very moment!)




20 comments:

  1. Love the dress and heels!!! you look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm...Annika, the photos look fine. In fact, they look pretty good :)
    That's such a pretty dress! I can't believe it's 10 years old!
    Ooooh, so that's what Midsummer is! I never really got what it was about. So many Swedish bloggers go "GLAD MIDSOMMER!" I got that they were saying "Happy Midsummer!" (I understand extremely little Swedish) but I had no idea what Midsummer was about, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, those heels are just stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the dress is so lovely!romantic and beautiful.loved ur shoes dear.great mix and match.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really have to praise you (again) for how easily you can wear clothes "belonging to different styles" (which is kind of a crap conceptual box, but still). Whether it's a romantic, sophisticated, chic, casual piece of clothing on a first sight, you effortlessly turn it around and make it YOUR style. That's what fashion is truly about, ain't it? ;)

    Haha, I've heard some interesting (to say the least) stories about Midsummer celebrations from my Finnish friend... She said something about this period having a huuuge increase in people who drown in lakes, obviously due to the undoubtedly great happiness for some long-wished-for sunshine and the booze that is tied to that. Hopefully the Swedes are better in keeping it, eh, together!
    Have a fun celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your dress<3
    amaaazing x
    http://throughamorningmist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty dress. I like the choice of heels. I can't believe they're from HM. They look like Balenciaga!

    http://www.blackandblondeone.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. this dress is so magical and beautiful. You look like a princess!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is Izzy who loves your shoes!For some reason I'm not signed into blogger? I get all my best shoes at F21 and Necessary Objects-- by best I mean most complimented. There are a pair of gold H&M sandals I really wish I'd bought earlier this season...oh well!

    And you still look beautiful without the ethereal lighting!

    www.misadventuresofme.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're amazing. and I think that you have the perfect figure ♥

    www.inspirationandme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. those shoes belong in MY closet! have a fun celebration annika!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look so pretty! i love your dress and outfit! and the background is so pretty as well :) following you!!

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet look, those shoes are so jazzy :)
    & cute cat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful outfit! I love your dress and your shoes! xxx

    eloisedephotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful dress and photographs x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sucha cute look!! I love the dress!
    and what a killer heels, I want it :D
    http://ninnda.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a lovely dress (: when you live where you live, photos with this dress is just perfect!

    - Mie
    http://miedina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete