Monday, June 20, 2011

A letter to that bearded guy up North.

All items and photos: Asos.com

Dear Santa,

Maybe it's a little bit early to write you in June. If so, I'm sorry - I'm not entirely sure how this works. But I'm guessing you have to prepare for Christmas all year long, with all the kids expecting presents it's not like you can wait until the last minute to start reading through wish lists, right?

And also, the thing is, I'm pretty sure these wonderful clothes (see above) won't be in stock much longer, so it would be awesome if you could pick them up for me now. I don't even mind getting them for Christmas and then having to wait until next summer to wear them, you see, I'm not really into trends. I'm sure you know what I mean - you've worn that red outfit for ages and ages now! Don't get me wrong, I totally support that. If it ain't broke, why fix it and so on.

We get eachother, you and I, I'm quite certain we would be friends if we got to meet under more casual circumstances. You're always in such a rush around Christmas, which by the way I completely understand, too. I'm a freelance journalist so I work from home against deadlines all the time, and just like you (guessing here) I spend way too much time watching Gossip Girl, How I Met Your Mother and Glee, because it just doesn't feel like I have to work when I'm just hanging out at home. So I know how hectic it can be when your deadline approaches. No judgement. None!

Oh, and you don't even have to leave the North Pole to get these clothes for me - you can just go to www.asos.com and they will be delivered to your doorstep or your local post office. I would do it myself, they're really not expensive at all, if I wasn't so insanely short on cash right now. I only allowed myself to buy a couple of pairs of new socks, which I really had to, because I suspect that my washing machine has a thing for socks - I always put in a pair and only one comes back out. I don't know if washing machine psychology is in your area of expertise, but if it is, I'd really love it if you could have a word with it.

Umm, yeah, that's all for now. Say hi to Mrs Santa and all the elves for me, and I'll see you in six months!







PS. I've sort of got a crush on that blonde girl in the photos, so if you could just slip me a note with her name and a link to her Facebook page while you're at it, I'd really appreciate that. DS.

19 comments:

  1. I wish Santa would get me Lita/Foxy shoes for Christmas. It seems really materialistic, but I can't help it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Clever note! You think Santa will do this for me too? Yes, the blonde is quite beautiful, very natural;)

    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall design you things far lovlier than these my darling! I shall take note of all your wish lists and amalgamate them into your dream outfit...Disco Pony style!!!!
    <3 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good idea, let us know if Santa fulfills your wishes? Just had a browse of your blog, you are gorgeous! New follower :)

    xx Vanessa K
    theeffspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all these picks and such a witty note to Santa! I hope he's listening! Haha.

    amanda
    http://youre-so-sweet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love your picks and choices of dresses! especially the polka dot one! xoxo

    http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ho ho ho my dear Annika,
    You are quite right about me sticking to my one outfit, but Mrs Santa goes online and shops at Asos.com aaaaall the time. I'll have her check these costumes out next time.
    Can we send the bill to your mom?
    Merry Midsummer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving the dresses! especially the blue one, even if I'm not a denim fan. santa has plenty of time to read your wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you... You are so darn clever I can hardly stand it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah, i'll be in rovaniemi (official santa home town) in 2-3 weeks and he is said to be there all year round so maybe I can ask him (understand : threaten to shave his beard to force him) for you.. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, you make me laugh so much Annika! I like your forward thinking too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha, lol, now that made my day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey, santa was here, cool. It's a relief, that even he's reading your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahaha! good one! and beat all the last min queue!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hhaha funny :) your blog is nice.
    aimee x

    http://terribletigertantrums.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh, maybe you should try this contest:
    http://www.fashiolista.com/content/asos-win-500-euro/?utm_source=recommendation_mail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=week_25_contestlink

    i found it in my mailbox today :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG you are hilarious~~~i luv your little letter to santa~~and the part of him wearing the same outfit for ages~~~and i luv luv luv all the dress~~~very hipster inspired imo~~~

    jessy
    threenothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. åh annika, du visar alltid så fina saker.

    ReplyDelete