Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Into the mist.


(Please watch in full screen mode to do the viewing experience justice!)

Last summer, the amazing designer and also my dear friend Sofie of the brand Sofifi asked me to be in her A/W 2011 collection film. I barely do any acting projects at all anymore and I'll admit I miss it sometimes, so I said yes right away. And as always when it comes to working with designers, I've had to wait a year to see the result. But now it's finally here!

My first thought: I can not believe how different I look. When I watched it on my iPhone this morning I could barely even recognize myself in a lot of the shots. It's truly incredible what hair, make up, lighting and camera angles can do! Not that I always thought the change was for the better (i.e. I look like a 45 year old heroin addict in my last scene - oh the sacrifices we make for the arts!), but I think it goes well with the story. And Sofie and the film crew did such a beautiful job at interpreting the whole film noir-theme.

Oh and also, I love that more and more brands choose to showcase their collections on film, instead of just stills. It's such a great way to create a story and show the idea and the inspiration of a collection! My only problem with being a part of a fashion film like this one, is that I'm sort of... not used to trying to look pretty when I act. It's like, either I act or I model, and in the film I keep making all of these ugly faces! I can just hear Tyra Banks yelling, "no, no, not like that! Model ugly! Model ugly!" :)

Anyway, please watch it, and I hope you'll like it!


7 comments:

  1. Oh wow Annika...This is stunning!
    Nah, Tyra would probably go, "You look gorgeous in every scene!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOOWWW!!! Seriously, YOU.ARE.THE.EPITOME.OF.CLASSIC.BEAUTY!!! This is perfect, really perfect! It has nothing to do with you trying to be pretty, because you ARE pretty. One of the prettiest people ever! I'm breathless! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "model ugly" does tyra really say that? i've heard her say "smile with your eyes, like this." and i don't personally see any difference between her smiles with and without her eyes, or whatever, but i'm sorta slow.

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look stunning and your friend's collection is absolutely amazing! Those clothes are so classy and dramatic, I love every single outfit. Love Marlina from Greece

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so cool! and like demy said, you dont even have to try to look pretty you already ARE!
    so classic

    ReplyDelete