Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dinner and Deliciousness.


Last night, I went to one of my favorite restaurants in Stockholm - Prinsen - to have dinner with this gorgeous young lady. Anna is a fellow writer, cat lady and house owner, and one of my closest friends. (Some of you already "met" her, here!) 


Anna had "Wallenbergare", I've had them before and they're quite delicious.


I had been out horsebackriding with my friend Johanna and ate two hamburgers for lunch way too late in the day, so I figured I'd only have a starter. It's bleak roe, sour cream, red onions and lemon that you eat on toast, and it's one of my favorite things to eat, all categories.


But... As it turned out, it wasn't enough. So I had Swedish strawberries with vanilla icecream and whipped cream with a cappuccino for dessert. Mmm-hmmm.

So, as we were sitting there, talking about work and the future and karma and integration, I realized that four middle-aged men were sitting a few tables away, staring at me and laughing. Seriously, they were almost pointing. I had no idea what was so funny about my appearance, so I leaned forward to ask Anna (who was placed with her back against the men and hadn't noticed the heavy ogling), and as I was whispering "please tell me why there are strange men looking at me while giggling", I noticed two guys sitting partly hidden behind a corner and thought: hey, that kind of looks like Ronnie's (my boyfriend) best friend Peter. Oh, and that actually looks a lot like his other friend, Kristofer. That's really funny. Since Ronnie is supposed to have dinner with those two, tonight. 
...
...
...wait a minute!

Yup. Me and Ronnie spend every day together at our house in the countryside, and when we go into Stockholm - which is a kind of big city with no shortage of great restaurants - to have dinner with friends, separately, we still end up two tables from eachother. I didn't mind at all, though - I had been worried that my iPhone battery would die and I wouldn't be able to call him to decide where and when we should meet to take the train back home, and now I could just walk a few feet and ask him! Perfect.

(No, I never found out why they were laughing at me. Who knows, they might have been making some very charming and not at all inappropriate jokes about me. How flattering. Thank you, guys who could all have been my fathers. Not that you could have more than one biological father, but, eh, you know what I mean.)

I'm not sure why I started with the end of the day, now I'll have to work my way backwards in the posts! How very Memento of me.

Oh, and if you're wondering if this is suddenly a food blog - well, yeah, sometimes! It's just that I love photographing food, at least good-looking food, haha. The only problem is that it always makes me so hungry to look at the photos, even if I just had breakfast, like right now. Hmm. Maybe a second breakfast could be arranged?

7 comments:

  1. Oh, this makes me want to visit Sweden, the food looks delicious! And funny story about you & Ronnie--I guess you just have similar taste in restaurants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That food looks like delicious!!!
    xx

    http://sweetdifferences.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Foood! I wish I could eat delicious Swedish food :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm drooling! It looks sooooo good!

    http://www.blackandblondeone.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks extremely tasty. I actually enjoy the food photos alot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness! to much deliciousness for my eyes to handle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there!
    First of all, i absolutely love your blog. I look it up everyday but i never have the courage to comment. i don't know why, just think my comments would be lame. BUT, this time i think i have a really good question, here it goes:

    i'm a sixteen-year-old girl from The Netherlands and on July 17 i'm going on holiday to.... Stockholm! i'm really excited and stuff, but i've never been there so i was wandering, could you recommend me some cheap places to have a good meal, some tourist places and ofcourse the real swedish shops i should go to?

    and i must say, you are really really really gorgeous. i love your lips, your pale skin combined with dark hair and your outfits and everything about you!
    oh and your friend is gorgeous too and i'm looking forward to new updates from your house!

    xo

    Josje

    ReplyDelete