Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Making the Casual, Comfortable Chinos-look the exception.







Salmon pink blazer and brown leather bag, H&M. Light beige chinos and white tank top, Monki. White shoes, Fred Perry. Glasses, Chanel.

Haha, if I had realized this was going to be the outfit I'd put up on the blog's one month anniversary, I might have worn something a little more festive! But yesterday was all work, just like today is. Apparently you don't get the day off just because your blog turns 1 (month). How peculiar (hmm).

Before I started the blog, and had no reason to put any thought into my outfits during the weekdays, this is exactly what I used to look like almost every single day. Comfy pants - check, comfy shoes - check, plain top - check, over sized blazer - check. Plus glasses and pony tail. All done and ready for work!

I really don't feel like it's cheating in any way that I put a lot more time and effort into the way I dress since I began posting here - just like it's not cheating to dress up when you're going to a party just because you usually wear jeans and a t-shirt at home. I'm just grateful to have an excuse to wear all the great items I had almost forgotten about. Clothes shouldn't just be hanging in your wardrobe, they should accompany you on all of your adventures - and now mine do!

But that doesn't mean I don't still like the casual, comfortable chinos-and-blazer look. I'd just rather let it be the exception than the rule.






17 comments:

  1. Really cute! Congratulations on one month of great stories...You really are like a wonderful literary character come to life ;)

    I've never left so many (or really any) comments on a stranger's blog (which has been a bit embarassing for me really) but you were exactly the person I needed to stumble across and read about at this point in my life... It's been really helpful for me in a lot of ways! Going to my first casting in a looooooong time this afternoon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! you look so effortlessly gorgeous in this! i need your blazer :o

    ReplyDelete
  3. effortlessly stylish!!! u take incredible photos!! who could believe u actually take your own photos!!! :O it's really not easy taking your own photos… it's a tug of war every single time!

    have been following your blogs for weeks now. admire both your literacy and photography :)

    xx
    mochaccinoland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You manage to look lovely + happy in anything! I think of outfits like these as 'fail-safes' - if you suddenly have to rush out and haven't had time to think about what to wear you can throw them on and know they'll look good. The colour of this blazer is beautiful, kind of peachy but a little redder. Lovely.

    Alexandra xx

    www.alexandratherese.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha I love it :) You still look amazing even if its casual. This may actually be one of my favorite looks on you!

    Jess
    turn that frown upside down

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog AND your face :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed, this is definitely one of my favorite looks for you! 'Laidback chique' kinda thing... Superb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So chic! I love this outfit.

    http://lifeisaromanticpoem.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your blogs one-month anniversary! And there's nothing wrong with blogging a "casual" outfit, you look very put-together.

    -Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely outfit.!
    xoxo

    the-strawberry-angel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice preppy outfit ! Lovely !




    xx


    www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that jacket! I started an office job fairly recently and have been trying to find ways to look interesting, stylish and appropriate. I may be hunting down a similar item right now...

    ReplyDelete
  13. you're the prettiest and the most stylish girl alive! I love this outfit

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your photoshoots! you are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello!! I found you in chictopia today and decided to stop by your blog. I like it!! Will keep visiting :)

    xoxo
    Jess

    http://sweetfashionsweet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your outfit! you look adorable in your blazer !

    Lily @ wear with chinos

    ReplyDelete