Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Lipless Ghost and Other Horror Stories.












Plain grey dress, Indiska. Blue polka dot flats, Monki.

Having been all dressed up for the whole Midsummer holiday, I welcomed the opportunity to just hang around the house and the garden in a wrinkled cotton dress, my hair in a ponytail and no make up on. Since I've gotten used to taking outfit photos every single day, yesterday was no exception - but when I saw the photos in the computer, I gasped: "where the hell did my lips go?!" I realized I've been wearing lipstick in nearly every single photo for the past six weeks, and without it, my lips just looked... non-existent.

Don't get me wrong, I feel extremely comfortable and confident without make up - usually I take it off when my boyfriend gets home, since I want to be able to shower him with kisses without making him look like a clown, and I simply consider bright lipstick a fun accessory. But I guess this kind of soft backlighting that blurs the features of the face is somewhat depending on colorful make up to create the kind of looks I'm used to, and without it... I felt a little bit like a lipless ghost, haha!

Oh, and the funny thing is - the more I look at the photos, the more I realize it's actually not that bad. It takes time for the mind and the eyes to adjust, that's all.

I have this dress in both black and grey, it's one of the most comfy dresses I own, perfect for wearing as it is on lazy days or to dress up with a leather jacket and a pair of heels and wear out and about.

My friend Johanna is on her way over, so I'd better go outside for another little photo shoot if I want to have something to show you tomorrow! And you know what? I do. Because you're the best and I want you to keep stopping by!





22 comments:

  1. gorgeous!!
    you looks so great with this dress!! :D

    mytrendystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so naturally beautiful, Annika! I adore how carefree you look. And the dress with those embellished loafers are darling!


    ♥, Jamie
    www.TheFancyTeacup.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. what lovely soft and dreamy look! great styling and images! cute kitty! xoxo

    http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're my first blog. I feel a little out of touch for that, but it's true. Never been interested, until yours. Thank you for taking the time every day! You are one of my indulgences each hectic day. A bright spot with visuals and great thoughts. Please keep it up as long as you want to.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this simple summer look! I really like how you paired the dress with polka-dot oxfords to add a little something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The strawberrys look so delicious!

    xx Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look beautiful even without makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look beautiful without make up :)
    I think I've always preferred people who posted pictures with minimal or no make up, so I mean it whole heartedly when I say that you look beautiful with no make up.
    That dress looks so comfy! I swear I need one of those things in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute necklace! Who has the other half?

    www.blackandblondeone.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. u are such a natural beauty! ok, i have to stop gawking in case u think i'm psycho.

    mochacinnoland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kind of have a reverse reaction to me in makeup. Instead of seeing myself without it and being surprised, I'm constantly shocked at how I look in makeup, mainly because I rarely wear it. (That, and in person, I look like I'm fourteen.) I still love it though, I'm just adjusting to wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the outfit! i almost felt bad because you always look so stylish and easy on the photos that i thought u'll never wear something comfortible and cute like this beautiful dress when u're at home, like i always do :)

    SO MUCH LOVE
    nastassja

    ReplyDelete
  13. ps: you're such a naturale type i think. and you really can do the "naked face look" :):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOow AND this ethereal bunch of pictures (absolutely) does not fail to illustrate a certain "bucolic exquisiteness" idea, so (delightfully) full of poetry Dear !!!

    à Bientôt, Antoine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!!

    -Hope
    http://www.aflatteringtale.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. And yet you still look absoutely stunning without makeup... You ,Annika, are a beauty no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hach... you're so lovely and sweet like cotton candy <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. you looks SO great in these. love love your adorable tiny detailed necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look so adorable, even without makeup! :D Your freckles are loooooove <3

    kiss, dear

    http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the freckles, too! You look more like a beautiful, natural French actress here shooting for some magazine (and since Anna Karina is the love of my life-- and I know she's Danish but anyway...I hope you realize the giant compliment that is!)

    I have the same issue with myself, because I have similar coloring-- pale skin, dark hair, light eyes, without lipstick I feel like my photos are faded. Anyway they don't turn out as well as this!
    xx
    Izzy
    www.misadventuresofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a gorgeous bare faced beauty you are xxx

    ReplyDelete