Sunday, June 19, 2011

I guess this guy is not so much into minimalism.



Just a friendy tip to everyone who hopes that your loved one will someday propose to you: Do. Not. Show. Him/Her. This. Video.

I honestly don't think that any amount of "no pressure!":s would suffice to restore the loss of confidence that would most definitely occur after watching this. Which would be too bad - because even though I did cry through most of it, I couldn't help but think of just how much this isn't what I'd want. I guess I'm way more of an "intimate setting" kinda gal. My love could ask me while having breakfast at the kitchen table, it would still be one of the most beautiful, memorable, important and romantic moments of my entire life. I don't need five thousand dancing strangers to make it perfect.

But noone can deny that the girl in the video married a guy who likes to go all in. And there is something utterly charming about that quality.







PS. One of my cats just used the remote control to turn on the tv. I wonder if he's telling me I should watch one more Gossip Girl-episode before I start the second part of my work day? Yeah, I think that might just be it. DS.

14 comments:

  1. Wow, that was an utterly ridiculous and totally crazy proposal/marriage. I can't imagine that happening to me (possibly because I haven't even had a boyfriend yet, haha) but it seems like there is no way that she could have said "no." I always wonder how many big proposals like that get a yes at the time and a no later. Anyway, wow. Thank you for sharing that madness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha)
    This is cool but she didn't have a choice.
    And maybe after that she was in hospital some days to recover her nerves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just wanted to let you know i started a blog today! thank you for so much inspiration!


    Nastassja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahahah!!!! Annika! That was absolutely HILARIOUS!!! / Genius!/ mental! When Albert proposed to me... he took me to the beach at night, with a bottle of freshly squeezed orange juice and a little candle! (The lead up was not so drama free... but it now seems to in comparison to this!!!) gahahaha! too funny!!! Imagine if she had said no!
    <3 you xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, i guess she loves musicals haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your view is that of a true romantic - that you could be proposed to over breakfast and it would still be one of the most beautiful moments of your life is a really lovely way to look at it. In a way when it is just two people it makes it so much more personal than, as you say, "five thousand dancing strangers" which is really very true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. uai,so crazy!but certainty, memorable!!
    and I cried too..I'm so silly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm almost mad that i just sat through all 14 minutes and 28 seconds of that....actually the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen in my life! haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... That's ridiculous, but what's even more ridiculous is that it nearly made me cry as well! I definitely would never want a proposal like that - I completely agree with you on the idea of a more intimate proposal.

    Hmm, I wonder if people ever do this and have the girl say no. What do they do? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'd be feeling fairly devastated if she said no..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...that is so extravagant. Yeah...I don't ever want that to happen to me. It's just waay too much. I honestly can't believe that there are people that plan this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just cried a looot of tears!

    ReplyDelete