Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Oh the flattery, part 3.



Yesterday I was e-mailed these two beautiful paintings by the adorable and talented Dana, and I can't even begin to describe how honored and flattered I am. The first one is my favorite, I think it's brilliant! I'm hoping she might sell the original to me, I'd love to frame it and put it on my wall (hey, Santa, maybe you could work the details out with Dana?).

I can hardly believe that the lovely lady who painted these is no older than 14. Fourteen! I'm literally twice her age. Wait a minute... I could be her mother! A young mom, sure, but still. No, no, that doesn't make me feel old at all.

Well, if I did have a 14 year old daughter, I would count myself lucky if she turned out to be half as sweet as Dana.

I'm so tired right now, I can hardly walk in a straight line, much less think of something original to write. I was a guest in a radio show this morning, starting at 7:30, and I barely got any sleep before that. Then I had a doctor's appointment and in a few minutes, I'm going into Stockholm to do a work thing and meet up with a friend. Won't be home until tomorrow morning. But don't worry, I have yesterday's outfit scheduled for you very soon, since an outfit post a day keeps the doctor away (that how it goes, right?).

Talk to you soon!

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I've been lurking around your blog for quite some time now, but I think this is my first comment. I just wanted to say I adore your style, photography, and most of all your writing. You are an extremely talented (not to mention stunning) lady and you deserve all the attention you are getting. x

    Much love,
    Bestie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, these are lovely! :) ♥

    My younger sister, Wendy, is an amazing artist, and she likes to do portrait drawings of her favorite bloggers. {Vixen Vintage and Strawberry Moth both featured her drawings of them on their blogs or facebook pages, actually!} And I asked her to draw one of me, and all she says is, "Oh, you don't count." Haha, apparently I'm not one of her favorite style bloggers! ;)

    xoxo
    Maria Elyse
    First Impressions
    Flying Ships Vintage


    xoxo
    Maria Elyse
    First Impressions
    Flying Ships Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had loads of fun painting it! (I probably should've commented on this first but I checked LB first, argh)
    Really, I don't know what to say with what you wrote! I'm totally speechless! You write so beautifully Annika :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i already wrote a commen under danas' post, this is really lovely! she seems to have her own style in painting! :)

    please don't blame me for trying :):):)!!
    http://i55.tinypic.com/25rh6b4.jpg


    LOVE, nastassja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! A year older than me and a lifetime better at drawing. I'm taking Art as a three-year course next year, and I never thought of drawing fashion bloggers as practice. I might just have to start...

    ReplyDelete