Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Midsummer Day's Dream.










Flower print dress and black belt, Gina Tricot. Black leather sandals, Nilson. Black bowler hat, Monki.

Midsummer calls for a flower print dress, and as you can see, I answered! Yesterday was great, a lot more relaxed and low-key than most years, but I think that's exactly what I needed. Photos will follow - I feel like it's my duty to give you a taste of what a traditional Swedish Midsummer can look like! :)

At the moment, I'm sort of freaking out, because I can't find one of my cats (my little girl, Biianka). Our guests went into Stockholm for the day to do some sightseeing, and when I came home from driving them to the train station, only Baryshnik was here to welcome me back. Guess I'll spend my precious work hours in the forest, trying to find what tree that bastard Sotis has forced her to hide in this time. Gaah, Sotis... I can not even begin to tell you how much I truly hate that cat. We had quite the cat debacle here yesterday, because of him, and I'm not looking forward to another one.

But before I go on another cat rescue mission, let me just say how glad I am to put this dress into good use! I bought it years ago but I've only worn it once before - it's a little bit too big and I never figured out how to make it live up to its potential. But with the semi-wide belt too hide the excess fabric, I think I finally succeeded! I love the fresh print and the flowy material, the ruffles and the crossed back straps. I will admit that the point of the hat was mostly to hide the fact that I just couldn't make my bangs look good, but I do think it tied the outfit together pretty neatly, with the black belt and sandals.

Today's to do-list:

1) Find my kitty.  EDIT: Yay, it started raining and Biianka came back by herself!
2) Get some work done.
3) Throw a fabulous shellfish party!





PS. Everyone who's on Facebook - please make the dreams of my lovely friend and super stylish fellow blogger Barbro Andersen come true! All you have to do is click "like" on her photo here. It will only take a second and it would mean the world to her! DS.


25 comments:

  1. Beautiful outfit! Your dress and your belt are amazing! xxx

    eloisedephotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I hope you find Biianka soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dress. And good your cat got back home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're such a cutie, annika!! love the dress! you're inspiring me for my midsummer look today! have a wonderful weekend :) and i'm happy for your cat she's back!
    LOVE
    nastassja

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in ewe with all your photos!!! You are so talented & beautiful!! Love the witty humour u infused into your writings :) I think i'm going to sound like such a groupie… I am a BIG FAN of your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look beautiful! I love the dress and the belt ;)
    Oh thank goodness Biianka came back! Stupid Sotis, making everyone's life miserable!
    Ooh, I voted for Barbro! I hope she wins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad Biianka came back! Sotis is a stupid, stupid cat. Grr...
    You look so beautiful in these photos, and the dress is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing dress.. i must make something similar these days, that's for sure

    mokosha

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy you re-discovered the dress! Love the pop of edge you added to it with the belt and boots. I hope Sotis will learn to behave and thankful for Biianka's safe return. Have a lovely weekend, girl!

    ♥, Jamie
    www.TheFancyTeacup.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. great dress! so pretty and summery :) congrats on finding your kitty :)

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful dress & I love those shoes. I want some like them. :)
    I'm glad Biianka came back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your photos are always absolutley beautiful!
    -M

    ReplyDelete
  13. This dress looks like a complete dream on you Miss. Annika!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! You look stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really loved your dress and your belt, it's so perfect on you!
    I hope you find Biianka soon! *---*
    SF
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. talk about summery! loving the outfit, glad midsommar!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The dress looks great with the belt. Good thing you found your kitty! Also, totally jealous for a shellfish party!

    http://www.blackandblondeone.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! Glad you got that mysterious, pale sunlight back...Your pics make me want to visit Sweden one day! The light looks magical there ;)

    So glad Bianka came back on her own! Yikes, that story started to scare me. I'm such a nutty mom I never let my kitties out. But they did manage to get in an OUTSTANDING amount of trouble the few times I did, and I just couldn't handle it emotionally or financially. One kitty climbed a woodpile (I lived on a farm one summer) and broke her hip falling off it, and I was way too tender-hearted to stick her in a box and see if she'd get better as our vet suggested... I have spent more money on their medical care than on my own these past few years, haha.
    xx
    Izzy
    www.misadventuresofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH MY GOD
    Do NOT tell me that you're the
    beautiful model woman in the photos.

    Amazing!

    http://fashionista-marika.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like your blog!
    Follow me:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the dress, the flowiness is just amazing !
    -P.
    bowtiediary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. The one thing waterproof jackets that you simply should feel of is whether you happen to be acquiring the real catier pendents matter or not. Most men and women just believe of your value when shopping for swiss rolex. They have to have to generally be certain that what they may be buying would be the legitimate issue. best christmas gifts very important that you know what you are finding. Analysis and be sure of the thing s that you're buying omega speedmaster watches. You've to make certain that you happen to be getting the authentic louis vuitton wallets towards the less expensive price tag. Most of your time, these are just replicas or fake bags. So don't get fooled after you invest in these hermes birkin kelly handbags.

    ReplyDelete