Thursday, June 9, 2011

If I can't be a rock star, at least I can hang out back stage.

OK. So - I am officially addicted to blogging. I haven't been able to upload anything since yesterday morning and I've been going crazy! If you want to call me pathetic, be my guest, but... I've just missed you guys.

I do have a good excuse, though. I've been in Stockholm, modeling the Spring/Summer 2012 collection for the incredible designer Johanna Vikman. I've had the honor of being the face of her brand since the Spring of 2008 and twice a year, we get together to shoot the new collection. We didn't know eachother when she first booked me, but I already admired her designs so much, and it certainly didn't make me like her less when I realized that she's a wonderful person as well.



Susanne Persson of Manasi MakeUp always does such a great job, transforming me from this tired, pasty, gloomy writer in her late twenties into someone who's fresh, shiny and totally camera-ready! Plus, she has developed her own bronzer, a product that's absolutely amazing. I don't know much about beauty products, but I do know that it makes me look gorgeous - and it smells like the most delicious dessert ever! Like... orange chocolate and vanilla.

Whenever Susanne does my makeup, I keep sniffing the content of the jar like an addict, and I can barely stop myself from sticking my tounge into it. I just know it tastes as good as it smells! I just know it!

But Susanne claims the brozer is for looking shiny and pretty, not for munching on. I bet she only wants to keep it to herself, and as soon as I leave the studio, she'll eat the whole thing with a spoon. Now that's just unfair.


Mmmmmm. Here it is - the yummiest make up product ever made. I get hungry just by looking at it! Will definitely need to fix a give-away with one of these for you guys.



Johanna's new collection (in stores next Spring) is called "Strings Attached" and I'm seriously not exaggerating when I say that I wish that every single piece was hanging in my wardrobe right now. But to be honest, that's how I feel every time we shoot one of her collections. And I'm not saying this just because I like Johanna or because we work together. It's actually the other way around - I wouldn't keep working with her if I didn't think she's one of our very best designers, and that her creations are as much my style as they can get.



Ehmmm... I was pouting for my camera that Susanne was holding. I did not do that for the actual photos. Please believe me!


After shooting in the studio all day, we went outside to a park to get some outdoor shots. Oh, and this is the lovely and talented Johanna, by the way. The one with all the ideas and skills.


(These are, of course, not "real" photos. I just asked Johanna to take some pictures of my pretty braid. I can't believe how well Susanne managed to hide my bangs!)

Shooting in a bikini in a crowded park was not uncomfortable at all. No, no. Really! Not at all! Don't even sweat it, guys! I'm totally confident enough to strut my stuff in front of a hundred people on afternoon picnics in the sun. (Let's drop the sarcasm: I honestly didn't mind. Whatever, it's summer, people hang out in their bikinis in parks all the time. It's just that... they usually don't do it in front of a photographer and a huge golden reflector screen.)

Thank you to Johanna, Susanne and photographer Karin Foberg for an awesome day! Exhausting, yes. But still awesome.

12 comments:

  1. Look at you go girl!

    I could never walk around in a park in a bikini. Like, ever. I don't wear a bikini even when I'm home alone! What's the secret? ^^,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, gorgeous ! I wanna go to Stockholm




    xx






    www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And I'm officially jealous of your hair - it can do anything! Do you have.... SUPERPOWERS!?

    I'm on to you, Annika ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :O So jealous! Photo shoots are insanely fun - I can't imagine doing one for a wonderful designer, too.

    Loving the braid too - very gladiator and whippy and wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair is incredibly beautiful!!! Would you please make some day an article about model beauty/makeup tips & routine ; it would be amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could never hang out in a park with a bikini...It's just so uncomfortable! Maybe it's because i wasn't raised in Sweden, but here it would be a bit weird :P
    You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alltså, måste vara hur roligt som helst att få ha en photosession med dig, känns som att det inte skulle att ta dåliga bilder! Men i alla fall, vill mest bara säga hur mycket jag tycker om din blogg. Man blir glad av den. Du lyckas vara så ärlig och personlig, på ett bra sätt, man känner liksom för att nicka instämmande bakom sin datorskärm. Jag själv brukar alltid få ångra-mig-panik tre sekunder efter att jag publicerat något alltför ärligt ”utlämnande” och tänker att, nu bekände jag nog något heeeelt knäppt.
    Men i alla fall, jag trivs här inne.
    (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. ewwww, I envy you sooo much right now!!! but your beautiful and gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous... I'm so jealous... :D wish I'd be this lucky, but I have too big boobs for my favourite designer :( :D lol.
    But seriously, I don't know why she likes flat girls so much :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bronzer..to highlight your beautiful face! cool girl!
    I went to Johanna's website..the clothes are very nice and elegant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How great is that- being able to model clothes that you absolute adore yourself. Guess it makes it a lot easier to convey something positive on pictures when you really like what you have on and you don't have to act. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look lovely! I am guilty of pouting, haha. But I'm French! It's my genetic right/ makeup. Can't help it. I love the braid idea to hide bangs. I've been wearing a wide headband sometimes...But I think mine are too short to pull back in a headband.

    ReplyDelete