Sunday, June 5, 2011

And though your father's name is known, your decisions now are yours alone.


Brown leather litas, Jeffrey Campbell. Flower print jumpsuit, a gift from my best friend. Brown leather belt, Gina Tricot. Lipstick: "Fuschia" from Maybelline.

I love wearing flower prints in my garden - it's like wearing camouflage! I feel like I fit right in. And this jumpsuit truly has enough flower print to cover an entire battalion. OK, almost.

My best friend bought it for me - we always did that; when we found an item we really loved, we'd buy two. One for her, one for me. One for me, one for her.

The last few months I have been living with this couple
Yeah, you know, the kind who buy everything in doubles.
Oh, they fit together, like a puzzle
And I love their love and I am thankful 

That someone actually receives the prize that was promised 
By all those fairy tales that drugged us

---Bright Eyes, Waste of Paint 

This is not the greatest Sunday ever. My friend Jake is visiting over the weekend, which of course is awesome, but we stayed up a little bit too late last night. Watching Glee with someone who's never seen the show before is risky business - one or two or three episodes so easily turns into a full-blown Glee marathon. Combine that with two bottles of wine and some cheap but delicious pizza and you have The Most Awesome Night - but the day after, not so much. I fell asleep way past four this morning and now I'm paying the price. My head sort of feels like it's been run over by a car. Twice.

I hope your Sunday is way better than mine! I'll write you again as soon as I'm sure I won't throw up. Don't hold your breath.






19 comments:

  1. That flowerprint is beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your blog! And yess Glee can be quite an addiction :P beautiful photos/outfit as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous as always!! i adore your floral jumpsuit!!
    http://mychoicesaremystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I haven't seen anyone wear a floral jumpsuit well--actally, I've never seen anyone wear a jumpsuit, any pattern, well--until seeing this. And I like the thought of blending in with your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this look. You wear this floral print so well. I love the way you have accessories too! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love your blog. Your pictures are so artistic and professional, it's way more than fashion&style photographs,it's art.
    Keep on going :D

    btw love the floral jumpsuit

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing photos! I love them all!

    www.whenbabispeaks.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this outfit and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE (times infinity) Bright Eyes! I'm obsessed, really. Yay!

    xo
    ZK
    www.glitter-and-ink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh gosh, how do you achieve this all-time perfect skin?..
    and thanks for bringing me some make up inspiration, it was just what I was looking for at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love love jumpsuits, looking for them all over the city! got a couple already! haha looking amazings, lovely! xoxo

    http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I had your photography skills! So beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos ! I need Lita in black, have them in lilac.

    You have a nice blog :). You should check out mine if you like French fashion, tell me what you think and maybe follow me if you like it ;).





    xx



    www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  13. I envy these shoes so much. I really really really want a pair (or a few...) of jeffrey campbell one day...

    ReplyDelete
  14. stunning as always... :) i really love what you did with your hair in these photos too.

    sounds like your night was pretty killer! hope you feel better soon though!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. you're so beautiful! You look amazing on all photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. simply stunning! love the whole outfit <3

    Claire x

    http://moncheri2311.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the flowery jumpsuit!

    The windy pictures look awesome!!! :O

    http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete