Friday, June 3, 2011

A surprise visit - the best way to start a day.

After an awful night of terrible nightmares and even more terrible stomach pains - it's that time of the month and I get the worst cramps - I woke up this morning by my boyfriend saying "Annika! Anna and Mattias are here!"


And they sure were. I'm telling you, these two are the most spontaneous people I have ever met - and I love them for it. Turns out they were on a roadtrip to Gothenburg and decided to stop by for breakfast. I don't know very many people who can pull of a surprise visit, but they sure can.


Oh, and they brought Knyttet. Their adorable, super friendly kitten who has to wear one of these stupid plastic thingys around his neck, because he just got sterilized, the poor thing. No, wait! Did I say he? I meant she. You see, when they took Knyttet to the vet to get him fixed, I mean her, it turns out that he's actually not a he, but a she. It was all very confusing. "We're not sure if we can let her play with her race cars and Action Force figures anymore", Mattias said. "Yeah", Anna added, "and maybe we have to paint the walls in the nursery pink now". OK, they didn't really say exactly that. But it would have been funny!


Knyttet didn't seem very confused about the whole thing, though. She just kept asking when they were going to take that weird thing off of her neck. Poor baby, she kept bumping into corners. Our baby girl Biianka had to wear one of those for three weeks eralier this year, after she got an infection from being attacked by a mean black neighbourhood cat. (Sotis. SOTIS. I HATE THAT CAT.) I felt so bad for her, and now I felt almost as bad for Knyttet. (I mean... at least she wasn't attacked. And she gets to take that thing off her neck on Sunday.)

 

You would have thought the lady of the house would have shown some compassion, since she knows what it's like to walk around with annoying plastic around her neck, no? Well, she sure didn't. She was extremely irritated that there was another cat in her own house. No hispitality there! None!

 

Anna and Mattias live in this wonderful little house right by a lake just south of Stockholm, a house that they bought about six months after they first came to visit us. And two days after they met our cats for the first time, they brought Knyttet home. I think it's safe to say that they're just a liiiittle bit inspired by me and Ronnie!


Anna was wearing pretty, pretty sandals.


I met Anna three years ago, at a big book fair in Gothenburg. We had been e-mailing back and forth for some time - she was my very favorite reader of my (Swedish) blog, and we decided to meet up at the fair - and completely hit it off. I'm pretty sure destiny had something to do with it, because my boyfriend and her boyfriend then instantly became great friends, too, the first time they met! Meant to be, I'm telling you.

 

Isn't she lovely?! Those freckles and that smile. And those eyes... I think she looks a little bit like a cat. And, as you might have already noticed - I sort of love cats. LOVE THOSE GUYS! Love'm!


7 comments:

  1. oooh so cute ur cat <3
    great pics!

    sweetdifferences.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cat is adorable--and surprise visits are such fun! Both of you girls are gorgeous, seriously stunning. I always imagined Swedish people with freckles, blue eyes and strawberry blonde hair, because my friend and her parents {both Swedish} look like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna looks so pretty (damn you good looking Swedes)! I definitely think it's destiny that you guys are good friends.
    Aww, poor Knyttet! I hope she gets better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw this post is wonderful. :) seems like some GREAT friends! you took some beautiful photos too...!

    ...and cats are adorable. all your photos of cats are adorable. AHHH i love cats too!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo of you & Anna. Very sweet :)

    A Fictional Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh I hate seeing animal like this.

    You look beutiful by the way

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes your friend looks very sweet. what a lovely surprise story & funny cat episode.

    ReplyDelete