Friday, June 3, 2011

"A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony, in a moment."

Blue dress with denim feel, H&M. Light blue striped "flatform" shoes and straw hat, Monki. Flower print socks, Lindex. Lipstick: "Soft rose" by Dr. Hauschka.

Usually I really, really hate pale lipstick (not on other people of course, but on myself). I don't know what got into me yesterday, but I just felt like this outfit wouldn't be complete without very pale pink lips. Not sure what I think about the result, but it did feel right at the time, and that's always what matters!

The dress is one of the best ones I own, no doubt. It fits me perfectly and I always feel so feminine and, like, serene when wearing it. And a little bit like someone out of a Jane Austen-novel. Not sure what it is that makes me think of English 19th century litterature... probably the ruffles. ;)

I'm so excited - my mom just got here!  We're going to dinner (an excuse to dress up, yay!) and I can't wait to talk to her about everything that's happening in my life right now. 

I'm thinking of wearing this gorgeous black sequin 1920's style dress that my best friend's mom gave me the last time I visited her in her clothing store. She owns this amazing little boutique in the Old Town in Stockholm, filled to the brim with breathtaking dresses, bags and coats in every possible print and color. 

When my best friend Fanny was still with us, she helped out her mom in the store a lot, and before the sales she and her mom would always sneak away the items they thought would be perfect for me and give them to me as gifts. 

Nothing will ever be the same in our lives again since September the 21st last year, but Fanny's mom Kerstin still puts aside the clothes she thinks I would like. When she gave me the sequin dress about a month ago, she said, "I guess you won't have any use for this until, I don't know, New Year's Eve?". But I told her no way, I'll most definitely wear it before then! And yeah, I think tonight might be the night. Will make sure to take photos, either before we leave or after we come back home! Hopefully you'll love it as much as I do.


17 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful Annika! The dress does look a bit Jane Austen. (I wish Mr. Darcy really existed!) You look great with pale lips :)
    I wish I had a flapper dress, but then again, I would've any occasion to wear it, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking gorgeous as always, Annika! That dress indeed fits you wonderfully and those socks with the shoes and the straw hat, oh my, perfect perfect perfect!

    The pale lipstick and the hairdo turned out gorgeous! :)

    I wish I lived in some place as gorgeous as yours!!! :)

    p.s. I got a little emotional about your best friend's death... Although I'm a medical student, I'm still very sensitive to that... :/
    Wish you sooo much strength!

    http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful lighting in these! and the pale pink is a nice touch- you can totally pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. uuhhm... WOW!? You are SO beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, this does remind me Jane Austen! I think it's the ruffles and the three quarter length sleeves. :)

    Have fun with your mom!

    xo
    Maria Elyse
    First Impressions
    Flying Ships Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't really know exactly what I think about this lipstick. At first I thought that it's really weird. But at the and of the photos I thought that yes it's weird but not bad-weird. It makes your face totally different, another kind of beauty. Although I still like better the darker colours on you. But it's apple and orange.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me start with: amazing photos, as usual, you have an excellent eye for lighting and lovely outfit, because I have an extreme distaste for even the thought of denim and it takes a really cute piece to change my mind!

    Then: You are such a strong person - thank you for that. The honesty of what you shared today was touching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. dear thanks for the comments, i really adore your blog!! i really LOVE the pride and prejudice quote you have, as it is my biggest of the big obsession (as you can understand from my chictopia pictures, though i haven't uploaded them here yet). Hun I really adore your pictures, they are all beautiful, as you are and I love the way you pull off the red lipstick!! beautiful dress, gives a vintage vibe, and i adore those unique shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I promise I will comment every time I come by.... you are absolutly gorgeous!!
    you know what? I almost never wear pale lipstick either Im more into red, orange and pink... Welcome to your Mom and another yay! for that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a wonderful dress! totally trendy and you look amazing :) thank you for your sweet comment btw <3

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful pictures !

    take a look at my blog here

    ReplyDelete
  12. why are you so beautiful...? :) i love your dress! i hope you have a great time with your mom! i love spending time with my mom. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just discovered your blog and I had to become a follower instantly! Everything here is really unique and beautiful.

    Your photos and style are very inspiring. And not only clothes, I'm secretley in love with your piano room :))

    And If you'd like, please check out my blog
    http://lacivertojelikiz.blogspot.com I'll will be very glad, because I also dedicate a great part of my time to my blog and want to share nice things with everyone :)

    Looking forward to your next post.

    Kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my God, I'm in love with your dress, so much!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. discovered your blog today, and i'm in love with it.. it's just delightful.. love this magical feel of your photos, and your lovely little stories.. have ton of sewing to do, but i still spend entire day catching up with your posts (so it's gonna be one long night, but i wont mind it at all, 'cause you made my day and i thank you for that)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Actually I read your hole blog....and i adore it, your pictures, your way of writing....god, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete